Monday 19 July 2010

Not just a holiday .....!


You might think that this trip's been just one long holiday! And you'd be nearly right but not quite ....!

I have been doing a little bit of work along way, writing some journal articles and giving some seminars. This week I attended the International Congress of Applied Psychology in Melbourne, which was attended by about 3000 people from all over the world, and gave 3 presentations of different projects I am involved in. Next week, I'm spending a few days at the University of Melbourne to collaborate with Ray Green - a landscape architect. I'm giving a research seminar on Wednesday and we're working on a proposal to the Australian Research Council to carry out some research on adaptation to climate change - specifically coastal erosion.

I have to say I've grown to like Melbourne a lot - it's arty and multicultural and massively sporty. I took Margaret to a great gig by the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra on Friday night, and was lucky to hear one of my all time favourite pieces of music - Rachmaninov's symphony number 2 - brilliant. They also played an incredibly poignant encore in memory of the late Charles MacKerras, Australia's most famous conductor, who died this week in London aged 84.

No comments:

Post a Comment