Monday 19 July 2010

The Pies agains the Saints!
















As you can see, I've been having fun here in Melbourne while Hannah and the boys have headed up to the sunshine coast for some surfing! Here's me with two Dutch pals Judith and Wouter at an Aussie rules football game.

Ok - the world cup final was a great occasion. But the score was 1-0 after nearly 2 hours of football! I saw Collingwood (the magpies) crush St. Kilda by - wait for it - a score of 100 - 52. Yes, that's right, the total points scored in the game was 152! Now that's not dull for sure! And there were 81,000 people in the crowd at the magnificent Melbourne Cricket Ground, with supporters from each club mingling together and a great atmosphere. I particularly liked the 'runners' who, dressed in bright yellow, spend the entire game dashing from the coaches' dugouts onto the field to pass messages to individual players - an alternative career for me I think when this academic lark pales ......

No comments:

Post a Comment